Enabling Better Organizations.
Personio is a fast growing HR SaaS start-up based in Munich. It offers a holistic HR and applicant management software designed for companies with 10 to 1000 employees. Personio plays a critical role in making the day-to-day operations of more than 600 HR teams more efficient and transparent. We are a bunch of fun, international people striving to build the leading one-stop HR platform in Europe.
Join our team as a Backend Engineer and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of our platform. You will work in an effective, autonomous feature-based team, where you will get to play out your dev skills in a high-impact driven environment. You will be responsible for the full cycle of feature development in your team (from conceptualization to maintenance), and take part in architecting the backend of our complex, mission-critical HR Operating System.
- Experience with one of the PHP-based MVC frameworks, and SQL-based relational database design
- Strong OO design skills, ideally experience with development and support of complex B2B systems
- Experience with automated testing. Knowledge of when and what to test
- Interest in DevOps, not shy to reach out for terminal. You are willing to build software in a “You build it, you run it” manner. Ideally, experience with Docker and container orchestration solutions (Kubernetes)
- Proactive problem solver. You leave code and processes in a better shape than when you first encountered them
- Teamplayer. You are passionate about working with talented teammates. Your heart beats for receiving and giving feedback, to grow both personally and as an engineer
- Interest and passion to learn and experiment with new technologies
- Strong written and spoken English (level B2/C1 on a CEFR scale)
- Willing to relocate - position onsite-only in Munich
- Relocation support to Munich, Germany
- Market-proven, well-funded and fast growing company ($14.3M funding acquired to date)
- Direct impact on the daily work of tens of thousands of users
- Creative environment with talented and ambitious team members from more than 15 countries
- High-end hardware, noise-cancelling headphones
- 1.500 EUR of development budget per year for attending conferences, courses, buying books
- Regular team events, including office dinners, skiing trips, and parties
- Unu electric scooter of your choice as "company car" (see www.unumotors.com) or an additional payment for a yearly public transportation ticket
- 26 paid vacation days, and 2 days of home office per month
- Weekly German language course
- Office in the heart of Munich (near Gärtnerplatz)